DDD

 Last week we did workshops in preparation for this term's inquiry topic.

In the DDD workshop we found out about 3D shapes and how to make them from a net. We made cubes, cylinders, pyramids and cones. Some were a lot trickier than others to make. We discussed why we couldn't make a sphere from a net and how cartographers overcame this issue and made flat maps for a spherical world. We also discussed real life applications for the use of nets.

How many things can you find at home that have been made from a net?







Comments

  1. That’s cool! I didn’t get To do DDD sadly!But it looks awesome keep up the work :)
    From Jolin-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.