Kereru Writing - Term 2 Week 1

In Kererū this week we have been retelling the story of the Three Little Pigs. 

Some of the children in the learning space have been working on 'hooking in the reader' right from the start, by including dialogue, actions and sounds in their writing.

Here are some samples of writing from Georgie and Joshua:




It was a sunny day. "I'm so excited to be out to be out on my own," said Tommy Pig.  "I heard there's a big bad wolf who likes to blow down poorly made houses," said Joshy Pig. "Sounds like we need a plan," said Alex Pig. Mummy was waving behind them. They turned and waved back then they turned and trotted off.

By Joshua.





The Three Little Pigs were talking amongst themselves while their mother was waving side to side. One pig said, "I'm so excited to build my house." "Oh", said another. "I heard that there's a big bad wolf blowing down houses." Next they went off to build their houses. Rustle, rustle, rustle went the straw.

By Georgie.


Can you spot any examples of dialogue, action or sounds in the above writing samples?

Comments