Some Home Tasks: Statistics


Dear Parents and Whānau of Kereru students,

This week in maths we have been exploring the everyday language of probability. We have used words to describe the chance that an event will or won’t occur. We have used story packs to explore this idea. Your child has brought home to share with you a story pack which contains 3 word cards and pictures of objects for the children to classify.

As the children are linking the word cards to the pictures you can help by asking questions that encourage the children to explain their thinking.

Tell me why you have put that there?

Why do you think that …….. is impossible?

Could you have put with one of the other words? Why/Why not?

Thank you for helping your child understand important aspects of probability.


Mrs G

Comments

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.